1. Flaunt your best side! Who doesn’t like to be praised from the one you admire? Try dressing up well when you are up for a date. It may seem bad or disrespectful when your date is dressed superbly well and you are standing there in shabby attire. If you are not very sure about the perfect clothes, casually bring the topic up while deciding your date. Ask about him/her about fixing a date at an elegant restaurant or have just a casual dinner.
2. Keep a check on your cleanliness and your breath! Clean nails and keeping yourself groomed enough is very important and should never be overlooked. There are tiny details which some of us might forget. When you are done with your meal, make sure you excuse yourself to have a mouth freshener. If you are lucky enough, you might get your first kiss on the very first date itself. Make sure you don’t smell like a restaurant kitchen while you get close to him/her.
3. Don’t get out of control! You should know your limits while you get drinks for yourself. At times, you might feel drunk or a bit tipsy just after a few glasses. And if you get to that end, your date might be in danger and not end well. Avoid having many drinks before your date gets over. It’s worth to use it as precaution to avoid any after embarrassment.
4. Don’t annoy your date! It’s quite easy to get carried away when you’re having a delightful conversation with your date. Don’t bother him/her with any personal matters if at all they are not comfortable with it. This is one of the biggest dating rules. If they are not ready to discuss about their exes, then don’t force them to do so in no time. They will do it themselves if they get comfortable enough.
5. Be on time! This is a basic etiquette. If you walk in a business meeting a bit late, then it’s still fine. But, if you are late on a date, then it’s bound to be terrible. There’s a possibility that the one you are meeting is going to be the one in the future. But if you turn up late on the first go, then there’s a slight chance that he/she may lose interest in you or think that you are careless in concern of the date.
6. Be truthful! Don’t try to be fake while you passing on compliments to the one. Be very sincere about yourself. Don’t be too boasting about your achievements just to impress your date. You will end up looking too desperate on your first date. A fake half compliment might look insulting and a bit embarrassing in front of your date.
7. Prepare some conversations before hand in your mind! Your date might be very excited to meet you for the very first time and get to know more about you. But, it’s quite tough to strike up an interesting conversation with a person you just met. So, try to form some conversation before hand in your mind, so that you don’t stand blank in front of them.